Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Funday (28)

Happy Sunday! Hope you all had a fabulous day! I did some revisions, ate Mexican food, finished How to Say Goodbye in Robot (loved!), and watched KStew in the space version of Jumanji which the hubs thought he should get from Netflix. (I have no idea why, and no it definitely wasn't as good as Jumanji.) I have some more revising to do before I scurry off to bed, but before I do that, here are some great links from the last TWO weeks (because, you know, I slacked off last week, but I still had these links saved...)

The Merry Sisters of Fate - the writing group to which Maggie Stiefvater belongs - discusses why adults are ashamed to read YA books but not ashamed to watch teen movies. (Let the record show that this 25-year-old is ashamed of neither.)

Tahereh interviews Nathan Bransford. She is hilarious and charming, as always, and he imparts his wisdom on the masses, as always. Everybody wins.

Laural over at Laurel's Leaves talks about overwriting by explaining what it is, and gives some tips on what you can do to get it out of your writing.

In one of my favorite posts ever, find out why it's actually a good thing if an intern reads your query before an agent.

Veronica Roth over at Got YA? shared all she learned at a Backspace workshop on queries. I couldn't go, so this is almost like being there...almost.

The ever-wonderful Emilia Plater rewrote the lyrics to the Fresh Prince theme song into a query for her novel - and then sent them to her agent. What can I say? The girl's got pluck. I like it.


Feeling down on yourself? Laura Renegar gives a list of the 10 things writers can do instead of throwing themselves a pity party.

Shannon Messenger talks about ways you can support your favorite authors - without spending any money!

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Loved it? Hated it? Either way, I want to hear what you thought!

 
Copyright 2009


See Heather Write
. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree