Monday, November 30, 2009

Support Debut YA authors in 2010!

Jessica, member of my book club, novel draft critiquer extraordinaire, and owner of Reading is Sexy wrote about the 2010 Debut Author Challenge, and I barely glanced at the entry before I knew I would need to sign up. I read so much anyway (how else can I entertain myself with no cable?), and I love YA, that I thought this would be a great chance to support some debut authors - a class I hope to join verra soon. So...

What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
  • The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published in 2010. I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year.
  • Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
I haven't decided on my 12 yet...not even close. I'm sure they'll change throughout the year. I do have an official shelf set up on my Goodreads list, and to encourage everyone to participate I'll be posting reviews of all my books here! If you know of any great YA or MG books by debut authors coming out in 2010, please feel free to post them in the comments and I'll add them to my list!

And who knows? Maybe some 2012 or 2013 Debut Author Challenge Lists will feature my book! (Which used to be called The Reaper's List, but definitely needs a new name. For sure.)

Stay tuned tomorrow for an awesomely hilarious picture of me, and to find out whether or not I was able to write 10,000 words in less than 48 hours to compelte NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loved it? Hated it? Either way, I want to hear what you thought!

 
Copyright 2009


See Heather Write
. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree