Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Funday! (44)

Happy Sunday! It's Sunday Funday on See Heather Write, which means I'll share some of my favorite links from around the Internet. Here are this week's links:

Agent Mary Kole from kidlit.com answers a reader question - just how hard is it to sell a contemporary YA manuscript right now?

Lindsey Leavitt, author of Princess for Hire, talks about how writing is hard and awful - but also awesome - and shares a GloMo. (You'll have to click through to find out what a GloMo is. Trust me, the story is worth it.)

Natalie Whipple says all the things she wants to say to new writers (OMG THEY'RE ALL SO AWESOME.)

Author Cristin Terrill gives away her super-amazing secret for revising a manuscript. Seriously, people. It's awesome. (And colorful! No, really.)

Lynda R. Young shares her five causes (and solutions to) writers' block. 

Over on the Dark Angel's Blog, you can see a list of cliched dialogue that you should never include in your MS. 

Literary agent Jennifer Laughran fills us in on some of the pros and cons of skipping the agent and working directly with the publisher. 

Finally...I'm dorky (yet awesome) because I think this video is MADE OF WIN.

(Thanks to Jessica Love and Anna Parker Brittain for sharing!)

Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Heather, thanks so much for the link! Unfortunately I am not brilliant enough to have come up with that color-coding technique; it came from one of my agent's readers. I loved it so much I had to share, but I don't want to take credit for it! Lots of good stuff to read here, thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that video is awesome and totally made me giggle. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha! That was an awesome video! I would've loved to have this for my students when I was teaching, just so I could hear their groans. That's awesome and so beautifully nerdy.

    Great links, Heather! You're on top of things, girlie. Finger on the pulse and all that jazz...

    ReplyDelete

Loved it? Hated it? Either way, I want to hear what you thought!

 
Copyright 2009


See Heather Write
. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree