Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Funday! (45)

Happy Sunday, everyone! Yesterday we went out and got our Christmas tree, and now my house smells like Christmas. I cannot WAIT until hubs gets home so we can decorate. I mean I'm actually bouncing in my seat, but for now I'll settle on watching Charlie Brown Christmas and drinking hot cocoa while my dogs cuddle in my lap (OMG my life is so hard right now, right?) Anyway, that has nothing to do with anything, except that I love December.

Which is a terrible segue to say here are some links from around the Internet that I loved this week:

Hey! Children's and YA sales increased 14 percent in October! Woot!

Suzanne from Write it Sideways gives you three ways to tell if your characters are too perfect.

You know by now that I LOVE The Princess Bride (and I found out a few of my readers hadn't seen or read it. And I had a sad.) But as it turns out, you can learn something about publishing from The Princess Bride, too!

Ever wonder what would have happened if your favorite children's book had been written by a sci-fi icon? College Humor created five titles for your curious mind.

Are you worried that your agent could be an idiot? Janet Reid tells you how to figure out if he or she is.

Shayda Bakhshi has two posts on honing your skills. Part 1 discusses how writing challenges and blogs can make you a better writer, and part 2 gives some excellent tips for those looking to perfect their query.

YA Highway has a cute little post on sexy villains - and why you should be scared of them.

Are you an overwriter? Roni Loren from Fiction Groupie gives you some tips to help you avoid overwriting

Over on KidLit, agent Mary Kole answers the reader question, "Do agents remember the submissions they receive?"

Do you hate your book? According to Rachelle Garderner, that's totally OK.

Alright, now it's time to hang my stockings (we have two for the dogs, too...who are wearing sweaters right now. Dudes, it's cold out. They shiver. Yes, we are so those people.), put out my centerpieces, and tap my foot until 3pm when I can finally hang some adorable things on my Christmas tree...

Have a great week, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. It's weird that you mentioned The Princess Bride because I haven't seen it yet but it just came in the mail from Netflix! Is it violent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana, The Princess Bride is AWESOME! And it's not really violent. I mean there's fantasy violence in it...like fencing. But really I would say it's less violent than Harry Potter. You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles. But no, not much violence - a lot less than HP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, wow. Goodnight Dune? I laughed for a good ten minutes. All these links are fantastic, and THANKS for the shoutout, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love December too! Even thought it's cold enough to freeze the toesies.

    Great links, girlie! But I can't believe there are still people who haven't seen the Princess Bride. That's so sad!!

    ReplyDelete

Loved it? Hated it? Either way, I want to hear what you thought!

 
Copyright 2009


See Heather Write
. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree