Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My very first award! *tear*

I received my very first blog award the other day, from Shannon over at the fun and informative Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe! Hooray! I may have only started this blog a month or so ago, and I may only have three actual followers (though I know more people than that are reading this, because you comment on my Facebook, or in random posts...just give in and click that little "Follow" button already! Then you can be constantly aware of my awesomeness, and I won't look so sad and pathetic.), but clearly I've made an impact on someone. I think that calls for one of these guys:

Oh, Mr. Giant Dancing Banana, how I love you.

Anyway, as part of the terms of my award, I am supposed to share 10 facts about myself. Awesome, because random and awkward facts about myself are my specialty. I'm also supposed to give the award to 10 other blogs, and I have about five in mind, but for now I'm going to hold off. I'll give them out eventually, though...when you least expect it! Muahaha! (That's an evil laugh. I'm writing some intense scenes in my NaNo right now, so I'm all about the evil.)

OK, 10 random facts:

1. I just discovered Facebook in pirate English yesterday (because the site was randomly putting my pages in German for some reason), and it is the most awesome thing in the world. Even your email notifications come in pirate!

2. I speak in Web talk sometimes. You know, JK, OMG, etc. I started it to be funny and ironic, and to make a statement about all the morons who do it for real. And then it just sort of...stuck. I know it's obnoxious, but I also think it's hilarious. I once let "J/K" slip at a meeting I was in (when I was explaining to my boss how to integrate Facebook into our magazine's Web strategy, no less), and my boss asked what I meant, then told me never to say it again.

3. Two days after I finished the last Harry Potter book, I randomly burst into tears (even though I had spent the last three-quarters of the book crying my face off). My husband freaked out, but the only explanation I could offer was, "That book-was just-so GOOD!" He laughed at me, and has never let me live it down.

4. If I can make just one person react to anything I write the way I've reacted to J.K. Rowling, I will feel incredibly accomplished.

5. I used to be a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. Huge. I even own the Michael Jackson Moonwalker video game for Sega. And it is awesome.

6. This GIF is hilarious (even if it's not true to the book).


7. I am terrified of spiders. Terrified. I can't even watch the movie version or read that chapter of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at night, because I will have nightmares. Half-Blood Prince is OK, though, but I won't tell you why because...

8. Reading spoilers for books I haven't read or movies I haven't seen really pisses me off. As a result, I try to be really sensitive about the issue for other people.

9. My wedding was budget-friendly, and I was featured in a USA Today article about people spending less on weddings in the recession.

10. I had the flu for the first two days of my honeymoon. Most people want to spend their honeymoon in bed. Just not with a fever, the chills, and running to the bathroom every 10 minutes.

OK, back to the NaNo!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Heather! I love your list and I love the dancing banana. I could watch that all day. Hmm...not sure if that makes me pathetic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Loved it? Hated it? Either way, I want to hear what you thought!

 
Copyright 2009


See Heather Write
. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree